As a not-for-profit organization, so much of what we do relies upon the hard work and generosity of our volunteers!
It takes over 600 volunteers and approximately 21 committees to plan and organize Westerner Park produced events.
How to get involved?
- If you are a new Westerner Park Volunteer, please complete a Volunteer Application Form if you have not done so already: Volunteer Application Form.
- Then, review the information below for a full list and description of all available volunteer roles. Click on the signup links to select the volunteer shifts you would like.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
2023 / 2024 Season - Red Deer Rebels Recruitment Open!
Event Services - primary goal is to enhance the fan experience and provide friendly customer service!
- Greeting, checking and scanning tickets for spectator entry
- Providing re-entry stamps as needed
- Keeping entrances clear of obstructions
- Being ready at your assigned area prior to the doors opening, checking for any potential hazards i.e. wet floors, chairs blocking stairwells, etc.
- Assisting spectators to the appropriate seating area, “Hello, can I help you find your seat”
- Acting as general crowd control, i.e. "This concession line is very busy. For quicker service, could I suggest you move to the line over there? It has the same menu."
- For those over 18 years of age, you may be asked to assist our Food & Beverage team with ID checking at the bar locations prior to the game start and during intermissions
- Referring any inquiries that you are unable to answer, to your Supervisor
- Monitoring the spectator area for pucks going over the glass, which could potentially cause injuries
- Escalating any inappropriate or restrictive behavior to the supervisor
- The Tickets Alberta box office in the lobby will house lost & found items
- Post-game guidance of spectators to the nearest exit
- Being ready to pivot! Things can change during your shifts, so we are super appreciative of flexibility
If you are a registered volunteer and are interested in volunteering for any games, please sign up for shifts here: VicNet Link, you will then need to reset your password.